1/2 pound butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
Glace’ Cherry Halves, OPTIONAL
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- In an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until really fluffy, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add Eggs and vanilla and mix until well blended
- On low speed, add flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix just until blended. (over mixing will make the dough tough)
- Fill a pastry bag with a large open star tip with the cookie dough. (if not available you can use a ziplock baggie and cut the tip) Pipe the cookies onto a parchment lined cookie sheet, spacing them 2 inches apart. If desired, place a cherry half in the center of each cookie before baking.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown.
- Remove cookie sheet from the oven. Using a metal spatula, lift cookies off the cookie sheet and onto a wire cooling rack. Cool Completely. Store in an air tight container
Makes: 40 cookies