One of my all time favorite desserts is Lemon Meringue Pie! It’s so easy to make this pie and has just the right sweet and sour kick. If your looking to make a dessert that is sure to impress at your next get together than this is the perfect pie recipe.
1 Cup White Sugar
2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 Tablespoons of Cornstarch
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1 1/2 Cups of Water
2 Large Lemons (Zest and Juices)
2 Tablespoons of Butter
4 Egg Yolks
1 9inch Pie Crust Baked
For the Meringue:
4 Egg Whites
6 Tablespoons of Sugar
1.First preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
To Make the Lemon Filling:
2. In a medium saucepan, whisk together the sugar, flour, cornstarch and salt. Mix well. Now stir in the water, lemon juice and zest from the two lemons. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until the mixture comes to a boil.
3. Stir in the butter.
4. In a small bowl place the 4 egg yolks and whisk them together gradually with 1/2 cup of the boiling hot lemon mixture. Pour this mixture back into the remaining lemon mixture and stir well. Bring to a boil and cook and stir until the mixture is thick. Remove from heat.
5. Pour the lemon filling into a baked pie shell.
To Make the Meringue Filling:
You can get step by step instructions on my meringue recipe post.
1. In a large glass bowl, whip the egg whites until foamy. Add in the sugar gradually (about 1 TBSP at a time) and continue to whip until stiff peaks form.
2. Spread the meringue over the pie, slightly going over the edges of the crust. With a spoon make peaks over the top of the meringue.
3. Bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes or until the meringue is a golden brown.
Lemon Meringue pie is one of those super easy desserts that is so good. Every time I make this easy recipe the pie doesn’t last long. If you would like to try another flavor check out my Chocolate Meringue Pie Recipe.