This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ShareItForward #CollectiveBias
Memorial Day officially kicks off the summer season for our family. We always have lot’s of fun events planned throughout the warm summer months and really look forward to this time of year. Not only for the warmer weather, but summer means time to create memories and have fun with family and friends. We all know how fast life can go by so this year, try to slow down and take it all in. Treasure those times with your loved ones and make them count.
Last week I went to Sam’s Club to stock up on goodies for our Memorial Day cookout. One of the things I love about Sam’s Club is that you get to sample all sorts of goodies throughout the store. On this particular day Sam’s Club was going one step further with their samples and giving a full sized can of Coca-Cola. All of the cans had fun nicknames on the front like, BFF, Legend, Superstar, Sis, Etc. So that got me thinking. How fun would it be to hand out these fun Coca-Cola cans to all my friends and family. And since Sam’s Club has the large case of 32 cans of Coca-Cola I was set.
Vanilla Coke Poke Cake
Since we had so many cans of Coca-Cola I figured why not do something extra special with them and make a Vanilla Coke Poke cake. I know the word poke cake sounds funny, but trust me when I say that poke cakes are amazing! They are so easy to make and are the perfect summer time treat for picnics, get-togethers or just because. Since we are kicking off summer, I wanted to make a cake that my friends and family could get excited about. We all love Coca-Cola and we all love cake, so putting those together just seemed like the right thing to do.
What you need to make a Vanilla Coke Poke Cake
- 1 12 oz can of Coca-Cola
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix
- Vanilla Frosting
- 1 box 3.4 oz of vanilla instant pudding
- 2 Cups Ice Cold Milk
Directions for Vanilla Coke Poke Cake
- Preheat your oven to whatever temperature the box of cake mix calls for.
- In a large bowl combine the cake mix and 1 can of coke. You don’t need the oil or eggs.
- Bake the cake according to the directions. When done let cool completely.
- When the cake is completely cooled, poke holes all over the cake about 1/2 inch apart.
- In a medium bowl mix together the vanilla pudding and ice cold milk. Pour over the cake.
- Place the cake the fridge for about 2 hours.
- After 2 hours take the cake out and spread the top with vanilla frosting.
Be sure to check out more fun ideas at the Share it Forward website. I’d love to hear your favorite!