The weather has started to get cooler and the leaves are starting to change color. This can only mean one thing. Fall is definitely here. Fall is probably my favorite season because all kinds of fun things happen this time of year. The state fair, Halloween and of course the release of some pretty awesome movies. One in particular that I am super excited about is Hotel Transylvania 2! My family and I loved the first one, so we have been eagerly awaiting the release of the 2nd film which just happens to be September 25th, 2015. Only a few weeks away!
Vampire Caramel Apples
As I was searching on Pinterest for Halloween recipes I noticed a caramel apple that looked like a vampire. So in honor of the release of Hotel Transylvania I thought that I would recreate this recipe and give it my own little vampire spin. This recipe is so easy to make you just need:
- 4 medium apples (red or green)
- 1 Bag of Caramels
- Handful of mini marshmallows
- Red Food Coloring or Red Frosting
- Make the caramel apples according to the directions on the package. They are really easy to make.
- Next, cut a happy mouth in the front of the apple.
- Cut the marshmallows to resemble teeth. Place the marshmallow teeth onto a toothpick. Stick those teeth inside the mouth.Color the fangs with a little bit of red food coloring or frosting.
- Eat and enjoy!
These were so easy to make and my kids LOVED them! I planning on making another batch around the time Hotel Transylvania 2 comes out on September 25th.