I just recently got back from an amazing two day get away with my husband. We were both eagerly and anxiously awaiting these two days where we would be kid free. No cooking dinner, no cleaning up messes, just the two of us. The first day started out great. We were up bright and early, ready to catch our 6:00 am flight. Both of us were exhausted. But hey, the thought of two days of complete parental freedom was enough to keep our energy pumping. Then we boarded the plane and the nightmare began.
The man in front of us proceeded to talk as loud as he could the entire 2 hour flight. Now we’re not talking a normal conversation like everyone else was having. No, this guy was yelling his words. Loud enough that everyone could hear him. From two rows away, I learned about what foods he liked, what he didn’t like about his wife. And on and on and on. It was one of the longest and most miserable flights I’ve ever taken. When I got off the plane I realized that we live in a world where people just don’t care anymore. There are no manners, and people think that because they bought a $500 ticket, that they own the plane. Well, I am here to tell you that is absolutely WRONG. There are things that you should never do on an airplane, period. It’s just common courtesy for your fellow passengers.
5 Things You should NEVER do on an Airplane
1. Talk unnecessarily on your cell phone. It’s RUDE. But it never fails that on every flight there is that one person. The person that not only loves to hear themselves speak but wants everyone else to hear them as well. Seriously, no one wants to hear about every thing going on in your life and what Aunt Pat is up too. If it’s not something super urgent, please have consideration for the people around you and wait to make the call when your not cramped up inside an airplane.
2. Fart and act like nothing is wrong. Yeah, you know exactly what I am talking about. There is nothing worse than being in a super tight space and someone letting a stinky one rip. It’s absolutely one of the of the most disqusting things that a person can do. Now I realize that accidents can happen and sometimes you just can’t hold it in. But for God’s sake if you feel one coming on, get up and walk to the damn bathroom. No one wants to inhale your funky butt air.
3. Bring the most smelliest food in the airport aboard the plane. This one is about as bad as a fart. I recently sat next to someone who brought on some sort of fishy smelling food and I almost died. It was horrible and almost instantly made me throw up. These kinds of food can make your pleasant airplane ride go from bad to worst in no time. It’s understandable that not everyone has time to eat their food before they get on a plane. But, please try and pick something that will not stink up the whole plane.
4. Please don’t take off your shoes. This isn’t your living room and no one wants to see or smell your feet so put your shoes back on.
5. This next one may offend some people but I am more offended by having to breathe in your sickness. DON’T FLY IF YOU ARE SICK. PERIOD. A cold is one thing but having the flu and contaminating the whole airplane is another. Can you imagine saving up for your dream vacation for years, only to have it ruined by catching the flu or other sickness while flying. If you are sick and have to fly, wear a mask. You can buy them at the store.
I am Not Alone
I am not the only one who feels that these are things you should never do on an airplane. When I recently asked some of my friends and fellow bloggers what annoyed them when flying, everyone pretty much said the same things. Here are some other suggestions of things you should never do on an airplane:
- No painting your fingernails. The fumes are overwhelming, plus it’s rude.
- Don’t clip or bite your finger nails. You can groom yourself when you get home.
- Do NOT let your child kick or hit the seat in front of them. Please people, control your children!
- If you sleep make sure you are considerate of the person next to you. Don’t lay on them or snore so loud that they can’t sleep themselves. Yes people will fall asleep on you, it happened to my 15 year old nephew who was mortified the entire flight.
- Keep your complaints to yourself. There is nothing worse (other than stinky butt air) than a person who complains about everything the entire flight. Complaining isn’t going to get your far, especially mid-air. Save your negativity for someone who wants to hear it.
- Drink but don’t get drunk. Especially if you can’t handle your liquor. No one want’s to have their flight diverted because you had a little bit to much to drink.
- Talk the person next to you ears off. Normally I don’t want to talk on a long flight. I’m not trying to be rude, I just like this time to read a book or play a game on my phone.
- Please wait your turn to get off the plane. I promise you that your time isn’t more valuable than anyone else.
Please don’t be THAT person
The bottom line is just because you pay $500 for a flight doesn’t mean you have the right to do or say whatever you want. Everyone else on that flight paid as much, if not more than you. So please be courteous to your fellow passengers and follow my advice on things you should never do on an airplane.
Did your flight annoyances not make the list? Let me know what you think are things you should never do on an airplane!