Chicken is pretty much my go-to when it comes to easy weeknight meals. I know that I can normally whip something up that is tasty, kid friendly and easy to make. That’s exactly why I love this Rustic Chicken Parmesan dish. It’s super easy to make and it tastes AMAZING. My kids always love when I cook this chicken dish for dinner. It’s actually one of their favorites.
Rustic Chicken Parmesan
Ingredients to make Rustic chicken parmesan
- 6 Boneless, skinless chicken breast, thinly cut
- 3 C panko bread crumbs
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tbsp dried basil
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 jar of spaghetti sauce
- 1 Can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 C shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 C shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 C chopped fresh spinach
- 1 C oil
How to Make Rustic Chicken Parmesan
1. Using a large skillet or cast iron skillet, place onto the stove top on low-medium heat.
2. Add in the oil.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the panko bread, oregano, basil, garlic
powder, onion powder, salt and pepper and mix until combined.
4. Set aside.
5. In another large bowl, crack the two eggs into the bowl and whisk until
6. Dip the chicken into the egg bath and then dip them into the breadcrumb
mixture. Make sure the chicken is fully coated.
7. Carefully place the chicken into the skillet and let cook for 5-8 minutes
on each side or until the chicken is done.
8. Remove the chicken and discard any remaining oil in the pan.
9. Pour in the fire roasted tomatoes, spaghetti sauce and spinach into the
10. Let sauce heat up for 5 minutes before placing the chicken back in.
11. Preheat oven to low broil.
12. In a small bowl, combine the parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese.
13. Sprinkle the cheese mixture on top of the chicken.
14. Place skillet into the oven for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and
15. Remove and let slightly cool before serving the chicken.