Last week I started to hear an annoying beep over and over again. At first I thought it must be one of my kids toys but then it dawned on me that it was one of our Fire Alarms alerting me that the batteries were low. It’s scary to think that had that alarm not alerted me that the batteries would have gone dead without me knowing. This is one reason it is SO important for all of us to remember to change the batteries in all of the Fire and Carbon Monoxide alarms in our homes before that beeping occurs. An easy way to remember to change your batteries is to get in the habit of changing them twice a year during Daylight Savings Time.
On November 4th, 2012 Energizer will mark it’s 25th anniversary of the annual Change your Clock Change Your Battery Program. Every year Energizer teams up with the International Association of Fire Chiefs to work with local fire stations around the US to raise awareness on the importance of making sure that families are safe by having properly working fire and carbon monoxide alarms. This is especailly important during the fall and winter months when many people are running their heaters and furnaces to heat up their homes. Energizer has some really amazing things going on right now to help families get involved and learn more about how they can keep their families safe.
How You Can Get Involved:
From October 11 through November 4, visit the Energizer Bunny® Facebook page and click on the Fire Safety Info Tab. Here you will have the chance to enter a sweepstakes to win an additional Family Safety Kit. Energizer will be giving away one Family Safety Kit per day for 25 days. Contained in the kit, valued at more than $150 is:
· One reusable grocery tote
· Two Kidde Battery-Operated Combination Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarms
· One package of Energizer Advanced Lithium batteries
· One package of Energizer® MAX® Batteries (AA) with Power Seal Technology – Dependable, powerful performance for the devices that help keep your family safe; now hold their charge when stored for up to 10 years
· Two Energizer flashlights
· Two Energizer Flameless Wax Candles
· One Energizer Bunny Plush Bunny
In addition you can find fire safety tips, a home escape plan that you can download and draw your family’s home escape plan, as well as a coloring and activity sheet. My daughter just got a visit last week from the local fire department who taught her class all about fire safety and she is so proud to show me how to STOP, DROP and ROLL! I am going to take this opportunity to make an espape plan for my family, using these tips, while it’s still fresh in her head. Please remember to keep you and your family safe this year and change those batteries on November 4th!
Win It: Energizer is offering one of my lucky readers their own Family Safety Kit complete with a reusable grocery tote containing:
· One 2-pack of Energizer® MAX® Batteries (9v) with Power Seal Technology – Dependable, powerful performance for the devices that help keep your family safe; now hold their charge when stored for up to 5 years
· One Energizer® Flameless Wax Candle – Enjoy the realistic flicker of a scented wax candle without the worry of open flame or hassle of soot and dripping wax
· One Energizer® Weatheready® Safety Light – Waterproof flashlight powered by AA, AAA or C cell batteries; includes safety whistle and imprinted preparedness checklist
· One Kidde Battery-Operated Combination Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarm
The total value of the Family Safety Kit is approximately $78 per kit.
To Enter: Follow the instructions below using Rafflecopter.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
* I received a Family Safety Kit in exchange for my honest opinion.