Last year my family and I headed to Silver Dollar City for a quick weekend vacation. While we were there we had one of the most delicious meals I had even eaten at an amusement park. I didn’t remember what it was called but decided that I would try to come up with my own version of this Poor Man’s Dinner Recipe. Now it’s not the prettiest meal but it sure tastes good.
|Poor Man’s Dinner Recipe||
- 1 Package of Smoked Sausage (Any Kind)
- 1 Can of Green Beans
- 1 Can of Corn
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 5 Potatoes (About 2 Cups Sliced)
- 1/2 Onion
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/4 Cup of Water
- Pour your oil into a large skillet and heat on medium heat.
- Slice your onion and place in the heated oil in the skillet.
- While your onions are cooking cut up your potatoes into large cubes and add them to the skillet. Stir everything together well.
- While the potatoes and onions are cooking slice up your sausage and add them to the pan. Add a little bit of salt and pepper (to taste) and stir well.
- Add 1/4 Cup of Water, stir and Cover the pan.
- Cook for about 10 Minutes, occasionally stirring the potatoes so they don’t stick to the pan. You want to make sure you cook the potatoes until they are soft.
- Drain the can of corn and green beans and add to the pan. Heat Through.