A little over 4 weeks ago I gave birth to my sweet baby boy. He made his unexpected arrival about a month early and as you can imagine it was a pretty stressful event. The night he was born, everything happened so fast. It was almost surreal. But within a few hours of going into labor I was holding my little one in my arms. Unfortunately since he was 4 weeks early he did have a few issues with his blood sugar and bilirubin levels and had to be admitted into the NICU. I had started breastfeeding right after he was born but we also had to give him supplemental formula. This meant I had to start pumping. In the hospital it was no big deal because I could use their pump but I needed something to pump while at home. After searching quality pumps I came across the Philips AVENT Comfort Double Electric Breast Pump and figured I would give this one a shot.
The Philips AVENT Comfort Double Electric Breast Pump is lightweight, easy to use and gets the job done. I had been use to using a hospital grade pump so I was a little worried about how well the Philips AVENT Comfort Double Electric Breast Pump would work but I am happy to say that it works great! I can pump for 15-25 minutes and get around the same amount of milk as I did using the hospital grade pump. This impressed me the most, because the hospital pump runs around $2,000+. In the time that my son has been home from the hospital we have also been able to build up quite a stockpile of breastmilk or liquid gold as I like to call it.
5 Things I Love Most About The Philips AVENT Comfort Double Electric Breast Pump
- Lightweight and portable. There is nothing worse than having to lug around a heavy breast pump. With the AVENT Comfort Double Electric Breast Pump I can take it anywhere with me with no problem. Plus it comes in a handy bag with makes transporting it even easier.
- It helps me pump more milk in less time. Since it’s a double pump I am able to get twice the amount of breast milk in half the time. This is SUPER helpful when you are taking care of a newborn. The last thing I want to do is be pumping and feeding all day. With that extra time I get to snuggle the baby more often.
- Easy to Clean and Assemble. The one thing I have noticed about other pumps is that there are a zillion parts. The pain with this is that you have to take those pieces apart and clean them every time you pump. If your pumping several times a day this is super time consuming. With the Comfort pump their aren’t a lot of pieces to clean. Plus it’s easy to put together and take apart.
- Soft & Flexible shield. The cushion on the breast pump is soft and flexible which is more comfortable on your breast. The cushions have 5 soft petals within the shield which mimic your babies sucking motion and allows for a more gentle let-down.
- 4 Different Pump Settings. When you first pump it will automatically start out on the gentle stimulation mode which allows your milk to start letting down. After this you can move up to the 3 different expression settings depending on which one is more comfortable for you.
I am very happy with the Philips AVENT Comfort Double Electric Breast Pump. It’s been a real life saver and has allowed me to still keep up my milk supply so that I can feed my baby breast milk. It’s also allowed me to have more freedom because I can stock up breast milk so that my husband or someone else can bottle feed my baby while I am away.
If you are looking for a great pump be sure to check out the Philips AVENT Comfort Double Electric Breast Pump. You can find it on Amazon right now for around $199.
I received the Philips AVENT Comfort Double Electric Breast Pump in order to facilitate my review. However all opinions expressed are my own.