I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for the SPLENDA® Brand. I received product samples to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation. All opinions and reviews are my own.
For months the anticipation of the warmer weather has been building and at last it’s finally here. There are so many fun activities that I love to do during the summer. Swimming, biking, hiking, camping and so much more. For some reason the warm summer months gives me a whole new level of energy and I take full advantage of it.
To help inspire and motivate smart choices, the SPLENDA®Brand has come up with some pretty creative ways to reduce added sugar by swapping out full sugar for SPLENDA® Sweetener Products. Did you know that swapping just one cup of sugar with one cup of SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated can save more than 600 calories? I had the chance to test out one of these sweet recipes with a few of my family and friends. The weather has been great so one evening I invited a few people over to our home after a day of being active outdoors, to then enjoy a sweet swap of Sweet and Crunchy Pickles.
Homemade Sweet and Crunchy Pickles Recipe
- 7 pickling cucumbers, quartered or sliced
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 whole clove
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon peeled, chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- Place quartered or sliced pickles in a clean 1-quart canning jar. Set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small saucepan. Simmer over low heat until salt dissolves.
- Pour hot pickling juice over pickles to fill jar. Cover tightly with lid and refrigerate 4-5 days before serving. Pickle flavor and sweetness intensity increase over time.
Let me tell you, these pickles are what summer is all about! They are sweet, salty, crunchy and cold. All the things a summer treat should be. My guests agreed. All of us loved the Sweet and Crunchy pickles, so much that I will be making them again for our next Sweet Swap.
There are many more tips, tricks and delicious recipes on SweetSwaps.com. Be sure to check it out.