This past week I got the sudden urge to start making things from scratch. Believe it or not this is a lot easier than you might think. Over the summer we went to a local blueberry patch and picked a ton of blueberries that have been sitting in my freezer for a few months. I have been wanting to use them up so I decided to make some Blueberry Muffins from scratch. They turned out so good and were super easy to make. We even made enough to freeze so that I warm them up for breakfast or a quick snack. They freeze very well if they make it that long!
|Easy Made From Scratch Blueberry Muffins||
- 1 Cup Butter
- 4 Cups Flour
- 3 Cups of Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Cup of Milk
- 5 Cups of Frozen Blueberries (Thawed)
- 2 tsp of Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup of Sugar for Topping
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large Bowl cream the butter and sugar together until it becomes fluffy.
- Add the eggs into this mixture one at a time making sure you mix everything well together each time.
- Add Vanilla and mix well.
- Next add the flour 1 Cup at a time alternating with the milk into the egg mixture.
- In another bowl mash up 1 cup of the blueberries and stir this into the mix by hand.
- Add the remaining blueberries whole and stir well.
- Grease the muffin pan. Fill up each muffin tin 3/4 of the way full and sprinkle each top with the remain 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Bake at 375 for about 25 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown.
Hope you all enjoy these as much as our family did!