Summer is only a few weeks away and like many of you I will have kids at home with me all summer long. The first few weeks are usually pretty easy because the kids find different ways to entertain themselves, but after the newness of the summer starts to fade the dreaded boredom begins. Over the past few years I have come up with a list of things to do this summer with my kids that help to make each summer memorable and most importantly fun. If you are looking for a little summertime activity inspiration you have come to the right place. Check out my list below of 100 things to do with Kids this summer. These are some of my favorite kids summer activities.
100 Things To Do With Kids This Summer
1. Go to the Drive-In Movies or create one in your own backyard.
2. Go on a Summer Scavenger Hunt
3. Catch Fireflies
4. Find a local fishing pond and go fishing
5. Go on a Hike.
6. Spend the day at the movies
7. Visit a museum.
8. Make homemade slushy cups.
9. Play in the rain
10. Have a Lemonade Stand .
11. Lay out on the grass at night and watch for shooting stars.
12. Have a tea party
13. Put on a talent show
14. Make S’mores over a campfire
15. Go on a Hike
16. Make Homemade Slime.
17. Make a big batch of Caramel Popcorn
18. Visit the flea market.
19. Go to a local farm and pick blueberries, blackberries or strawberries. 20. Have a picnic at the park.
21. Read a new book.
22. Eat a sno-cone.
23. Go camping or camp-out in your backyard.
24. Have a family barbecue.
25. Go birdwatching and write down the different birds you see.
26. Set up an obstacle course in your backyard.
27. Bake up a batch of your favorite cookies together: Try these Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies
28. Visit a zoo.
29. Lay on the grass, look up and make pictures out of the clouds.
30. Take a trip to the Children’s museum.
31. Visit the Farmer’s Market and try a new fruit or vegetable.
32. Watch fireworks.
33. Plant something at the beginning of summer and see how much it grows. 34. Have a water balloon fight.
35. Make a homemade pizza with your favorite toppings.
36. Have a garage sale
37. Blow bubbles
39. Fly a kite.
40. Find an ice cream truck and buy your favorite ice cream.
41. Trace your shadow with sidewalk chalk at different times of the day.
42. Have a pillow fight
43. Make Get Well cards and send them to your local children’s hospital.
44. Volunteer at the local animal shelter.
45. Draw a self-portrait
46. Make a Pillow fort.
47. Take a family Bike Ride
48. Go to Sonic for Happy Hour
49. Make a new friend.
50. Put on a puppet show.
51. Join the summer reading program at your local library.
52. Go to the pool.
53. Start and keep a summer journal.
54. Make Homemade Ice Cream
55. Make a Root beer float out of your homemade ice cream.
56. Catch frogs.
57. Have a watermelon seed spitting contest.
58. Go to the beach or lake.
59. Make a Sandcastle.
60. Go Bowling
61. Play miniature golf.
62. Have a Nerf battle.
63. Create a town with legos.
64. Have a treasure hunt.
65. Visit a water-park
66. Find a factory near your city and take a tour.
67. Write a poem.
68. Find a pen pal and write to them.
69. Sign up for VBS.
70. Have a night-time scavenger hunt.
71. Play hide and seek.
72. Make “real” snow!
73. Participate in a local 5k or family race like the Glow run.
74. Make and send a local care package to a troop serving over sea’s.
75. Learn how to play a musical instrument.
76. Set up a at home beauty salon.
77. Have a car wash.
78. Make a drawing outside with sidewalk chalk.
79. Find a pond or lake and feed the ducks.
80. Go on a nature walk.
81. Have a movie night.
82. Decorate your bike
83. Play hopscotch
84. Jump rope.
85. Write a book (or color a book for younger kids).
86. Create something using play-doh.
87. Make home-made play-doh.
88. Play a board game.
89. Make a craft together.
90. Go on a road trip and visit places around your town.
91. Make mud pies.
92. Hunt for four-leaf clovers.
93. Play flashlight tag in the dark.
94. Visit a pet store.
95. Build something using tools.
96. Take a ride on a train.
7. Have a sleepover or slumber party.
98. Research different bugs and try to find them outside.
99. Set up a hummingbird feeder and watch for hummingbirds.
100. Make a list of everything you love about summer.
What are some of your favorite things to do with kids in the summer.