This Valentine Slime recipe is a fun and easy craft to do with your kids for Valentines Day. You can make this Valentine slime to pass out to friends or you can just make it as a fun activity to do at home. Either way, your kids are going to have lot’s of fun making and playing with this Valentine slime.
Make Fun Shapes with This Valentine Slime Recipe
This Pink glitter slime is squishy so you can make fun shapes like this heart we made below!
Make Slime Without Borax
Liquid StarchMOM TIP: This slime or any other slime can easily be made without Borax. All you need is LIQUID STARCH and glue. It’s easy-peasy. Just mix about 1 tsp of liquid starch into 4 ounces of glue. Mix the liquid starch into the glue until you get the consistency of slime that you want. Then dye the slime any color you like.
I’ll be honest though. Liquid Starch can be really hard to find in stores. You can pick up an inexpensive container of liquid starch here (the same kind I use). I also like to purchase my glue in bulk so that we can make slime anytime we want. Plus it’s a lot cheaper to buy these in larger quantities.
This Valentine Slime Recipe Is SUPER EASY!
To make this Valentine slime recipe you are going to need a few ingredients. This includes:
- (1) 5-ounce bottle of clear or white ELMERS glue (I recommend using Elmers, it works the best)
- Hot Pink glitter
- 1 tsp Borax powder
- 1 Cup warm water for Borax
- 1 cup water to mix with glue
- Fun Valentine Accessories like These
- Pour the entire bottle of clear Elmer’s glue into a large bowl. Now fill the empty bottle of glue up with water (this is about 1 cup) and pour it into the glue and stir.
- Next add the hot pink glitter. You can use as much as you want. We used probably 1/4 cup of glitter.
- Add about 1 tsp of Borax powder into 1 cup of warm water. Mix well. There’s still going to be a little bit of granules at the bottom of the cup. THIS IS OK. Just make sure you stir everything together well.
- Slowly pour the borax mixture into the glue mixture and stir. You are only going to need about 1/4 cup of the Borax mixture to get the slimy consistency. DO NOT ADD THE ENTIRE CUP OF BORAX WATER. This will make your slime hard and not fun to play with at all. When you start to get a slimy consistency keep stirring. It will be very, very sticky. This is ok. As you knead the slime together it won’t be sticky anymore.
- Remove the slime from the bowl and place it onto your table or into a dry bowl. Add in accessories like hearts to your Valentine Slime recipe. You’re ready to play with it!
How To Store Slime And Make It Last Longer
If you store your slime correctly it can last a week or so. I would recommend putting your slime into a ziplock bag and squeezing all the air out. This seems to work best for us. You can also store your slime in a glass mason jar or plastic container.
More Slime Recipes For Kids
How To Make Slime (Glitter Slime) With Borax
How To Make Homemade Slime: Green Slime Extra Slimy