Chicken and Mushrooms are two of my favorite foods so when you put these two awesome things together and make Chicken Marsala it makes one of my favorite dishes. Chicken Marsala is very easy to make for either a week-night dinner or a fancy get together where you want to impress your guests. I have tried several different ways to make Chicken Marsala but the recipe below is one of my favorites because it’s lower in fat and tastes GREAT!
3-4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (About 1 lb)
1 Cup of Mushrooms
1/2 Lemon (Juice only)
3/4 Cup Chicken Stock
1/4 Cup Marsala Cooking Wine
1/4 Cup of Flour
1 TBSP of Parsley Flakes
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. In a small bowl, mix together the flour, salt and pepper. Coat the Chicken Breasts lightly in the mixture.
2. In a large skillet heat the olive oil. Place the coated chicken breasts in the skillet and brown on both sides. Remove the chicken and set aside.
3. Add the Marsala wine to the skillet and stir until heated. Next add the chicken broth, lemon and mushrooms. Heat and cook for about 10 minutes.
4. Return the browned chicken breasts to the skillet, spoon the sauce on top of the chicken and cook for about 10 minutes or until the chicken is done.
5. Serve the chicken with parsley on top for garish. You can either serve the chicken by itself or on top of angel hair pasta.