Old Fashioned Pancakes From Scratch Recipe
I have been slowly trying to incorporate more homemade foods into our diets and less processed foods. One of the first things we got rid of was high sugar cereals, yes it was hard but after about a week or so they kids stopped complaining and starting asking for real food like eggs and toast, pancakes, oatmeal, etc. Making pancakes from scratch is alot easier than you think and is not only better for you but food from scratch is much better tasting and costs less to make.
I LOVE Making Pancakes With This Cool Kitchen Gadget! You Get The Perfect Pancake Everytime!
This week my kids asked for some pancakes so I found an old fashioned pancakes from scratch recipe in one of my cookbooks and I had a homemade breakfast on the table in less than 15 minutes.
To make the perfect pancake batter recipe you will need a few simple ingredients. The great thing about this pancake batter is that you probably already have all of these ingredients in your kitchen.
- 1 1/2 Cups of All-Purpose Flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons of baking POWDER
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 Tablespoon of White Sugar
- 1 1/4 Cups of Milk (We used Skim)
- 1 Egg
- 3 Tablespoons of melted butter
Must Have Tools For Making The Perfect Pancake
Making the perfect pancake can take some practice. I know when I first started cooking and making pancakes I would either burn the pancakes or the batter would still be runny in the middle. Over time I have learned that having the right tools is key in making the perfect pancake. Here are some of my favorites that I use to make the perfect round pancake every time.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make sure you mix the ingredients well, if you have a sifter you can sift everything together.
- Next make a well in the middle of your flour mixture and pour in the egg, milk and melted butter. Mix the batter until smooth. Don’t over mix.
- In a frying pan or griddle ,(Tip: This is the griddle that I use and it’s the best) pour a small amount of oil into the pan and heat over medium high. When the pan is ready pour about 1/4 of a cup of batter onto the pan. This will make a nice size pancake.
- Brown the pancake on each side and serve hot with butter, syrup or your favorite topping.
This is the Best Old Fashioned Pancake Recipe
After you make this pancakes from scratch recipe, you’ll never want to go back to the box mix again. It’s so much fluffier and delicious than the box mix pancakes and it’s just as easy to make. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family! If you do I would love it if you would Pin this Old Fashioned Pancakes From Scratch Recipe or give it a Stumble…Thanks!