I love to watch TV. When the kids are tucked into their beds fast asleep and the end of the day is approaching there is nothing more enjoyable to me than kicking my feet up and catching the latest episode of Son’s of Anarchy or The Walking Dead. In fact I have several shows that I just love to watch but most of the time they are not “kid friendly” so I have to wait for my kids to go to bed. This is one of the main reasons why I decided to try out Contour by Cox which is a new type of television viewing experience. It combines the most compelling components of Cox’s existing cable offerings with a transformative and highly personalized experience for consumers. People in the 21st century, like myself, are people who like convenience and don’t really have the time to watch live programming. Being able to watch your favorite shows on your own time is key to maintaining viewership and that’s why Cox Communications created Contour.
Contour is putting the viewer in total charge of what they watch, when they watch it and how they watch it. With innovative features you can watch your personalized TV from your home, online or from your iPad. Contour is a full-service viewing experience. There are three main features included with contour. They are:
- A Contour Guide – a modern, sleek design with easy navigation and user interface. The key feature being the recommendation engine that actually suggests new shows for you based on your viewing habits.
- Contour App – provides an amazing interface that serves up content that is most relevant to each viewer based on recommendation capabilities (just like the guide) and also includes access to over 90 channels of live TV and tens of thousands of video on demand selections. It also meets the need for mobile access of content. Users can set DVR recordings from their tablets and iPads, start watching shows on said devices and continue that same show on their television when they’re home. Access to On DEMAND titles anywhere in your home, from your iPad or tablet.
- DVR capabilities – Contour allows viewers to record up to 6 shows at one time
- Storage of up to 1000 shows
- Individual profiles – up to 8 household viewers can create and access their own personalized profiles.
I have been a loyal Cox Communications customer for over 14 years and this is partly because they keep up with the growing times of convenience and entertainment. I am so excited to be joining Cox and testing out Cox Contour for the next six months. I know this will be so great when I want to watch my favorite shows especially with everyone else in the household having their favorite shows as well. With Contour even if my husband is watching football in the living room, I can take my iPad into the bedroom and watch something more appealing to me. The Contour App is compatible with iOS6.x or higher and Android OS 4.2 including: Google Nexus 7 (Gen 1), Google Nexus 10 (Gen 1), Samsung Galaxy Note (8”), Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7” and 10.1”), Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (7”, 8”, and 10.1”).
Cox Contour is available in several different locations including San Diego, Orange County, Rhode Island, Cleveland, Kansas, Baton Rouge, Connecticut, Central Florida, New Orleans, Omaha, Oklahoma City, Hampton Roads, Roanoke, Macon, Las Vegas, Tulsa, Gulf Coast, NoVA, Arizona. Be sure to call your Cox provider today to see if Contour is currently available in your area. I am so excited to be trying out Cox Contour over the next few months and can’t wait to finally have TV just for me! I feel like a kid on Christmas morning.
What Shows would you watch with Cox Contour?
I am a member of Everywhere Society and a Cox Communications’ brand ambassador reviewing Contour by Cox. Everywhere and Cox Communications have provided me with compensation and a 6-month trial of Contour in exchange for my coverage of this product. However, all thoughts and opinions expressed herein are my own.