Yesterday I decided to make funfetti cupcakes from scratch. I’ve made recipes for homemade cupcakes before but never funfetti cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting. They turned out so good and were super easy to make. The recipe doesn’t require anything fancy and you probably already have all of these ingredients in your kitchen. I hope you enjoy as much as we did.
Homemade Funfetti Cupcakes With ButterCream Frosting
- ½ Cup Softened Butter
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 2 Large Whole Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1½ Cups of All-Purpose Flour
- ⅛ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Cup of Milk
- ⅓ Cup of Assorted Sprinkles
- Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees F.
- In Large bowl Cream Butter and Sugar with an electric mixer for about 3 minutes or until fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla and beat until well combined.
- In another large bowl add the flour, baking powder, and salt and mix well.
- Combine half of the dry ingredients into the butter mixture and mix until combined.
- Add the milk and mix well.
- Add the remainder of the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Gently Fold in the sprinkles but don't over mix.
- Fill the lined cupcake tins up about ⅔ of the way full.
- Bake 16-18 Minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the center clean.
ButterCream Frosting Recipe
2 Sticks of Softened Unsalted Butter
3-3 1/2 Cups of Powdered Sugar
2 Tablespoons of Vanilla Extract
1 Tablespoon of Milk
1/4 teaspoon of Salt
Sprinkles for Topping
In a large bowl cream the softened butter with an electric mixer until nice and smooth.
Slowly add in 1 cup of powdered sugar at a time, mixing well.
Add Vanilla and Salt, then beat for about 2-3 minutes.
Add milk, mix well.
If frosting is too thin you can add more powdered sugar.
If frosting is too thick add a small amount of milk until you reach your desired consistency.