Mornings are usually pretty hectic around here so whenever the weekends roll around and we have a little extra time, I always try to whip up something special for breakfast. One of my kids favorite foods to eat is French Toast and that’s fine by me because it’s pretty easy and quick make.
1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 Tablespoon White Sugar
1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
1 1/4 Cup of Milk
3 Large Eggs
1 tsp of Vanilla
10-12 Slices of Texas Toast (Thick Sliced Bread)
Powdered Sugar (optional)
1. In a large bowl combine your flour, salt, cinnamon, and sugars and whisk together. Next add the milk, eggs and vanilla and beat together until smooth.
2. In a large skillet add about 1 tablespoon of oil covering the bottom entirely. Heat your pan on medium-high heat.
3. While your pan is heating up, place your Texas toast in the egg mixture soaking it entirely. You don’t want it soppy but you want to make sure that all sides are covered with mixture.
4. Place the Texas Toast on the heated skillet and brown both sides.
5. Sprinkle with Powdered Sugar and eat while warm.