One of my favorite things about summer is the abundance of Farmer’s Markets around every corner. There is nothing I love more than to be able to gather up fresh fruits and veggies and take home with me. One of my daughter’s favorite fruits is blueberries so I am always looking for new recipes to incorporate this tangy sweet fruit. I posted a recipe last year for Blueberry muffins but recently I wanted to try something new so I decided I would make a Blueberry buckle Cake recipe. I hope you enjoy as much as we did.
Blueberry Buckle Cake Recipe
|Blueberry Breakfast Cake Recipe|
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup of White Sugar
- 2 Tsps of Baking POWDER
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 Cup Softened Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
- 2 Cups Fresh Blueberries
- 1/3 Cup White Sugar
- 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Pecans
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 Tablespoons Cold Butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together 2 Cups of flour, baking powder and 1/2 of sugar.
- Next add in the egg, 1/4 cup of melted butter and lemon peel, Mix until all of the batter is moistened.
- Gently Fold in the blueberries.
- In a 9 Inch Greased Square Baking Pan, Spread the batter all over the bottom.
- To Make the Topping combine 1/3 Cup of Sugar, 1/4 Cup of Flour, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 cup of pecans.
- Cut in the 3 Tsp of cold butter until the mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle over the batter.
- Place in the preheated oven and cook at 350 degrees for 35-40 Minutes or until golden brown.
This is a really easy recipe to whip up in the morning or you could make it the night before and heat it up the next day. I like my blueberry buckle cake recipe nice and warm with a hot cup of coffee but it taste just as good when it’s cooled down. My kids love it when I make blueberry recipes and this is one that we will definitely be making more of. I think next time I might try different types of nuts on top like Walnuts..Yum!